When using BarleyGold in your food
Cook or bake below 35 degrees Celsius.
Always stir BarleyGold into liquids just before consumption.
When starting on BarleyGold health regime, consume the same amount suggested on your program when eating you’re your recipes.
After 3 months, and / or after getting up to 2 Tablespoons, you can consume more than suggested.
**Also try the LignanGold in these recipes. It can be heated and substituted half of suggested BarleyGold.
Apple Pie Smoothie
• 1 Large - Apple peeled and sliced
• 1 Tsp - Cinnamon
• 2 Tbsp - Barley Gold
• 2 Tbsp -Lignan Gold (Flax Hull Lignans)
• 2 Squirts - Orange flavored Stevia drops
• ¼ Cup - Water
Blend in a Magic Bullet or blender.
OPTIONAL: pre – freeze apple slices for a quick after school frosty snack.
Peanut butter barley bars
*To make mostly Raw – use Organic and Raw ingredients *
• 1 ¼ Cup of Oatmeal (not instant)
• 2 Tablespoons of Pumpkin Seeds
• 2 Tablespoons of Sunflower Seeds
• ¼ Cup of Sweetened Cranberries
• ½ Teaspoon of Cinnamon
• ¼ Cup of chopped Almonds
• ¼ Cup of coarsely ground Flax Seed
• 6 Tablespoons of Barley Gold 1 or 2
• ¼ Cup of Carob Chips
• 2 Tablespoons of Brown Rice Syrup
• 2 Tablespoons of Agave Nector
• 1 Tablespoon of Maple Syrup
• 1 Tablespoon of Peanut Butter
1. Mix ingredients together.
2. Grease 1 mini muffin pan (serves 20) with Sun Flower oil, spoon in the ingredients and then press
down into bars.
3. Cover with saran wrap, press bars down again, and then place in freezer.
4. Serve cold for cohesiveness.
Option: For Carob melted on top, place ingredients in a cake pan with wax paper. Leave in the freezer while melting Carob. Boil water, then in an smaller pot, melt Carob chips with milk (whichever you like), then pour the melted carob on top of the frozen ingredients. Place back in freezer, and cut into bars when carob is cold.
ACinnamon & Raisin Crock Pot Porridge
Night before consumption, prepare…
• 1 Cup of regular organic Oats
• 2 Cups of purified Water
• ½ Teaspoon of Sea Salt
• 2 Teaspoons of Cinnamon
• 1/4 Cup of Raisons
• ¼ Cup of Maple Syrup
• 2 Talespoons of BarleyGold per bowl
1. Stir into crock pot the night before.
2. Turn on Low before going to bed.
3. In the morning stir porridge
4. Dish into bowls allowing porridge to cool with desired milk, and dressings.
5. After cooled, add Barley Gold.
Look at the consistency of the porridge 20 minutes after mixing the ingredients. Add ½ cup more water if already thickening.
Guacamole Barley Dip
2 - Avocado
1 - Lime
1 - Garlic clove pressed
3 Tbsp - Guacamole Epicure Mix (or onion spice, garlic spice, red bell pepper spice, and sea salt to taste.)
2 Tbsp - Barley Gold or divide with Lignan Gold
Mix in a bowl and serve with Organic Tortilla Chips.
Liver Cleanse Smothie
This Smoothie is a great way to clean out your liver / bowels, and very yummy!
• 2 Oranges
• Purified Water Ice
• 1 clove of Garlic
• Stevia or Agave Nector (Optional and to personal taste)
• 2 Tablespoons of Barley Gold
• Equal part of Ginger
• Stir in 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
Liver Cleanse Smothie
• 1Tbsp - Coconut Oil
• ½ C up + 2 Tbsp - Oatmeal
• 2 Tbsp - Cocoa Powder
• 2 Tbsp - Raw Sesame Tahini Butter
• 2 Tbsp- Brown Rice Syrup
• 3 Tbsp- Agave Nectar
• 3 Tbsp- Crushed Pecans
• 4 Tbsp- Barley Gold 1 or 2
• ¾ Tsp- Vanilla
• ¼ Tsp- Sea Salt
Mix together in a bowl.
Form into twelve balls, so you know 1/3 Tbsp Barley Gold per ball.
OPTIONAL: Roll into shredded coconut or puffed rice.
Add dry fruit – raisins, cranberries, etc.
Place onto a coconut oiled tray and freeze or chill, as desired.